A is for Air Travel Tips
When we think about airports and traveling by plane, you may have thoughts of busy airports, over abundant security, expensive ticket cost, lost luggage, and that you may have a stressful event ahead of you. It does not have to be this way. If you plan ahead of time and have some strategies in place you can have a pleasant flying experience. Some tips for busy air travel times are as follows:
- Pack smart; restrict your carry on size bag to 20 pounds.
- When packing your main luggage put everything out on the floor that you plan to bring and go through each item one at a time, and ask yourself if it is really necessary. Minimize the bulk of your luggage by bringing less clothing. Wash a little at a time, just more frequently.
- Pack lite when it comes to electronics; what you decide to bring make sure you have your charger and/or extra batteries. Bring a three-way plug adapter to ensure you have a spot to plug in your electronics, especially if you are going overseas.
- On your ticket is basic information about luggage such as 2PC and 20K. It means two pieces of luggage with the weight of around 50lbs to 70lbs, usually. The 20k (or whatever number is there) is the weight restriction.
- When you check in, tags are place on your checked in luggage. This tells where your luggage is intended to go. Now, three letter airport codes are supposed to make it easier for the airport workers to know what the right destination is.
- Very importantly knowing the airport codes ahead of time will ensure that you can check to make sure it is correctly labeled.
- If you have more than one ticket, make sure that you mention this at check in to help ensure that your luggage gets to the right final destination.
- Make sure you know if and how much you will have to pay for luggage fees.
- Have a strategy on how to navigate through the airport.
- Make sure you have copies of the important documents and information. Wearing a money belt will help keep your money and important documents safe while you travel.
Having a plan and tactic ahead of time will help you to know what to do and be in control. It will help alleviate anxiety or stress, and help you to have a great time in your air travel experiences.